Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Year of the Ox

Happy Chinese New Year! Here's to celebrating something new! Our building held a Chinese New Year party in our lobby - which didn't really consist of anything too authentic as far as I could tell. Some Chinese take-out and a few ceiling decorations, but festive (and tasty) nonetheless. (And an unidentified brown drink in a punch bowl that I was not brave enough to try...)



Mostly it was just a good time to hang out with friends in the building and catch up.


The Year of the Ox is supposed to be a sign of prosperity (heaven knows we need that change), and is characterized by such traits as dependable, honest, practical, and industrious. I'll need to do a little more research into the history of it all, but I'm for any celebration where I can eat sesame chicken and crab rangoon!

No comments: